Parental Partnership Mission Statement
The mission of the Brighter Choice Charter School for Boys’ parent committee is to support the academic, social, and emotional development of our scholars.
We will achieve this mission specifically by:
- Increasing parental involvement through a variety of outreach efforts;
- Organizing fundraising for the Scholar Activity Fund;
- Assisting with annual school events.
Parental Partnership Commitment
Reasons why it is important to be involved:
- Parents are a critical part of the equation necessary to form a successful partnership that allows children to receive the exceptional education they deserve.
- INVOLVED PARENTS + COMMITTED STAFF = SUCCESSFUL SCHOOLS
- Parents know their children better than anyone else and can provide critical information and insight regarding their children.
- Parental support contributes to the success of schools.
- Research shows, the more involved parents are with the education of their children, the more successful their children will be.
Ways for parents to be involved:
- Become an active member of the school’s Parental Partnership Committee.
- Attend the school’s Parental Partnership meetings to be held the months of September, November, January, March and April.
- Participate in the school’s Family Events.
- Volunteer for the school’s fundraising activities.
- Chaperone your son’s field trips.
- Serve as a guest reader for your son’s classroom.
- Share your talents with the school.
- Know the staff at your son’s school.
- Meet the families at your son’s school.
- Review your son’s homework every school night.
- Read with your son.