Any family wishing to enroll their daughter at the Brighter Choice Charter School for Girls must complete all registration/re-registration documents prior to the beginning of each school year or at any time the school requests the documentation.
Registration documentation includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Birth Certificate for the scholar
- Parent ID
- Proof of Residency (POR) Documentation
- Health/Immunization records
Registration documentation is important because it enables the school to:
- Contact the scholar’s family in case of an emergency
- Communicate with the scholar’s family regarding important school information
- Receive funding from the district where the scholar lives
For these, and other reasons the Brighter Choice Charter School for Girls has implemented a policy requiring two Proof of Residence (POR) documents, acceptable to the district in which the scholar resides, be submitted to the Brighter Choice Charter School when:
- Completing initial registration forms
- Completing re-registration forms for returning scholars
- Any time that a scholar’s family changes their address
POR documentation must be dated within 30 days of the registration/re-registration date, or within 30 days of a change of address.
Failure to provide the proofs of residency when requested may result in forfeiture your scholar’s placement at the Brighter Choice Charter School.
Brighter Choice Charter School offers an enrollment preference for English Language Learners and Students with Disabilities.
NOTE: Parent/guardians of scholars requesting evaluations or referrals to the Committee on Special Education may need to produce current (within 30 days) proof of residency documents to accompany the referral.