The Board of Trustees will be holding their Trustee meetings virtually once a month. If you’re interested in attending the meeting or for more information on how to attend the meeting, please contact Luke Licygiewicz Director Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Meeting: Annual Board Meeting: July 16th (Link Coming Soon)
May 21st Meeting: https://E2CCB-GST.zoom.us/rec/share/9OFRPq7Bp0xJYc_8tBnAdqMwRdjvT6a82iUWrKUJzBp8S-hrwsjQEfz1SIuWuL_O
June 4th Meeting: https://E2CCB-GST.zoom.us/rec/share/tOhpEauu_F1OHdbK4Rn9e_4uB9XfX6a80ScW_6JYyR3H-XACx6V3v8Tb4JGtD30U
June 18th Meeting: https://E2CCB-GST.zoom.us/rec/share/3cNXfoHh825IWq_y60qGBvYBOZj3aaa8hHVI_qAFyEdMEi8-_06Q8veptDQOg2jN
June 30th Meeting: https://E2CCB-GST.zoom.us/rec/share/3sovFKDV6F5JZZXO52XgBfEqBIfOeaa8g3JM8qUEmkr1iUW0LQ10ZwifNps7rie9
See Brighter Choice Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes Below:
Board of Trustees Meeting Schedule:
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES (CHILDREN)
- Parsons Child and Family Center (Central Intake)
Location: 60 Academy Rd, Albany, NY 12208
- Albany County Dept. of Children, Youth and Families
- Albany County Mental Health
Mental health evaluations for children and families.
Location: 260 S Pearl St, Albany, NY 12202
- Children’s Clinic (CDPC)
Counseling and mental health evaluations for children; most insurances accepted.
Location: New Scotland Avenue, near Albany Medical Center
- Family and Children’s Service
Counseling for children and families; does not prescribe medications; most insurances accepted as well as Fidelis.
Location: 650 Warren Avenue, Albany, NY 12208
- Karner Psychological Associates
Counseling for children and families; does not prescribe medications; most insurances accepted, Medicaid not accepted.Location: Western Avenue, Albany
- Parson’s Child and Family Guidance Clinic
Counseling and mental health evaluations for children and families; most insurances accepted.
Location: 102 Hackett Blvd.
- Psychological Services Center
Services include individual psychotherapy and counseling for children, adolescents, and adults; sliding scale fee
Location: 299 Washington Avenue
- Solutions Agency
Counseling for children and families; most insurances accepted, Medicaid not accepted.
Location: New Scotland Avenue
- Vera Imperiale
Conducts mental health evaluations for children and families; most insurances accepted except for Fidelis.
Location: 409 New Karner Road, Suite 103
- Unified Services
Rensselaer County Office Building – 3rd Floor
- Albany Youth Soccer (AYS)-518-453-1095 albanyyouthsoccer.org AYS is a recreational soccer program for children between the ages of 5-15
- Swinburne Skating Rink-Clinton Avenue and Manning Blvd-518-434-5699. Contact the Department of Recreation for schedule of events and fees
- Arbor Hill Community Center-50 Lark Street 518-434-0583
- Hoffman Community Center-7 Hoffman Avenue- 518-434-5545
- St. Vincent’s Community Center-844 Madison Avenue-518-438-2756
- Homeless & Travelers Aid (HATAS) for referral to any area shelter
- Emergency Services, 24/7 463-2124 – 138 Central Ave. Walk-ins 9am-4.30pm
- United Tenants Association (UTA) landlord tenant disputes/eviction emergencies
- 33 Clinton Ave 436-8997
- Support Ministries HIV/AIDS Housing Referral 427-2463
- HEAP (help with heating costs) 432-5935
- For assistance finding shelter call the Rensselaer Co. Dept of Social Services weekdays 9am-4:30pm 283-2000
- Joseph’s House in Troy – 272 2544
- HEAP (help with heating costs) 270-2730
- Troy Housing Authority – 271-8353
- TRIP 272-8289
- AIDS Council – 445-2437
- Albany County Health Dept. – 175 Green Street 447-4580
- Rensselaer County Health Dept – 270-2660
- Capital District Psychiatric Center (CDPC) – 75 New Scotland Ave. 447-9611
- Medicaid – Albany Co. Dept of Social Services 447-7458 or 447-7300
- Poverello Center – Walk in health care (adults only) Wed 6:30-8:00pm
- 315 Sheridan Ave 426-9428
- St. Peter’s Family Health Care Ctr – 326 S Pearl St 449-0100
- Whitney Young Health Ctr – 920 Lark Drive – 465-4771
For information about the Food Pantry that will serve your address call: Food Pantries for the Capital District – weekdays 8:30am – 4pm 458 -1167
Food Stamps – Albany County Dept of Social Services 447-7403 OR Rensselaer Co. Dept of Social Services – Families 270-3949/Singles 270-8655
NOEP – help with Food Stamp applications 462-6765 x 327 or Troy 272-6159
WIC – Women, Infants, Children’s Program at: Whitney Young Clinic 920 Lark Drive 465-9387 & 220 Green St 432-4033 or Rensselaer 272-6159
COMMUNITY MEALS – BREAKFAST
- Mon & Fri 8-8:30am Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless, 176 Sheridan Ave
- Tues, Wed, Thurs 7-9am (Mid Oct-Mid April) Westminster Church, 262 State St.
- Daily 6:30 – 7:00am City Mission, 259 S. Pearl St
- Mon- Fri 7-8am & Sat-Sun 9am-1pm Bethany Hospitality Center, 27 State St
COMMUNITY MEALS – LUNCH
- Sun 1-2:00pm – Congregation Beth Emett, 283 Central Ave
- Mon & Thu 11:30-1:00pm St. Maximilian Kolbe, 283 Central Ave
- Mon thru Sun 11:30am-12:05pm – City Mission, 259 S. Pearl St.
- Tues 11:30-1pm St. John’s/St. Ann’s Ctr – 157 Franklin St
- Tues, Wed & Fri 11:30-12:30pm – Salvation Army, mobile Canteen – Clinton Ave (west of Judson)
- Wed 11:30-1pm- Sacred Heart Church, 31 Walter St
- Wed noon-1pm (Sep-June)- Israel AME Church, 381 Hamilton St
- Fri 11am-1pm – Sweet Pilgrim, Clinton & Ten Broeck
- Sat 11am-1pm Mount Calvary, 55 Alexander St
- Sat noon-1pm,- Grace and Holy Innocents, 498 Clinton Ave
- Last 10 days of the month – noon – 1pm Salvation Army Cohoes, 300 Ontario Street
- Mon-Fri 11:30-12:30pm, Bethany Hospitality Center
COMMUNITY MEALS – DINNER
- Mon-Sat 6:30pm and Sun @ 4:30pm – City Mission, 259 South Pearl St
- Wed 4- 6pm Watervliet United Methodist Church 14th St & 1st Ave
- Mon-Fri Salvation Army Mobile Canteen 4-4.30pm Ida Yarbrough Apts
- 4:30-5 pm – 100 Clinton Ave
- 5 -6 pm – Lexington & Washington Ave
- Daily 3-5pm – JC Club Children’s Feeding Ctr (Children 3-19) 63 Quail St.
- 3rd Sun of each month at 4pm – Albany Wesleyan Church, 168 S Allen St
- Mon 4:30-5:30pm Salvation Army Troy, 410 River St.
- Tues 4:30-6pm – First Baptist, 82 Third St
- Wed 4-5pm, St. Mary’s – 196 Third Street
- 4-6pm, the Open Table, United Methodist, 1401 First Ave, Watervliet
- 4-6pm , Victorious Life, 1838 Fifth Ave
- Thu 4-5pm St. Mary’s 196 Third Ave
- Fri 4:30-5:30pm, The Salvation Army, 410 River St
- Sat 6:30pm, Trinity Church, 1336 First Ave, Watervliet. Served last Sat of each month
- Sun 2-4pm, Lansingburgh Churches at First Presbyterian, 115th St & 3rd Ave Troy – Oct-May
Clothing is available at a reduced cost at thrift shops. They will provide clothing free of charge if you bring a referral from any helping agency.
- St. Patrick’s Thrift Shop – 283 Central Ave, Thursday’s 10am-2pm 465-8395
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless – 176 Sheridan Ave, Mon-Fri 10am-3pm 434-8021
- St. Mary’s – 10 Lodge St, Tues-Fri 9am-11:30am 462-4254
- St. John’s/St. Ann’s – 88 4th St, Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri 10am-noon & 1-3pm 472-9091
- Colonie Christian Life Center – 31 Vly Road, Thur 6:30-7:30pm 456-3022
- Doors of Hope, Rtes 43 & 150 West Sand Lake, Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat 9:30am – 4pm. Thursday 9:30am-7pm. 674-4048
- Nassau Resource Center, 15 Church Street, Mon, Tue, Fri 9:30-noon, Wed 7-9pm 766-9014
- Unique Boutique (Unity House) – 2431 Sixth Ave, Troy. Mon-Thur 9am-5pm & Fri 8am-4pm – 272-2352
- The Gathering Place – 24 Albany Ave, Nassau. Tue & Thurs noon-7pm, Wed & Fri 10-4pm 766-4164
- Bethany Hospitality Center – 27 State St. Troy Wed & Sat 9.30-11am 273-3529
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.